Monday, 26 August 2013

Book Review- Parasite X

Title: Parasite X
Author: Louise Miles
Pages: 334
Series: Fugitive Series #2
Genre: Young Adult, Thriller, Action

Rating: 4.5/5

This is a review of the second novel in the Fugitive Series, if you don't want to be spoiled, check out my review of the first book here

The fight for survival begins again.
Numbed, drugged, imprisoned in a windowless, hospital cell, sixteen-year-old, Didi wakes to find herself alone, with no idea where she is or how she got there. And with the arrival of The Scientist, the ruthless pioneer at the heart of Xenogene’s flagship research facility, things are about to get a whole lot worse for Didi and her friends. - Amazon


I received this as an ebook from the author in return for an honest review.
I read the first book in this series in January or February of this year, and I was very excited when I was informed there was going to be a second. I really enjoy the characters and plot the author has created, and I was interested to see where she took it from there.
The book begins with Didi, out main character, waking up from some sort of drugged sleep. She is disorientated, and this mirrors what the reader is feeling as we try to figure out what has happened since the last book has finished.
I really liked this novel, it was fast paced, I could hardly catch my breath! It also had a few interesting twists (I'm looking at you, Tom!) and a number of near death experiences for the characters!
I also thought the character development within the novel was good, we learnt more about Didi and her family, especially her father and the medical experiments he was involved in. I also thought the "baddie" in this novel was good too. She was called The Scientist, and had just the right amount of mystery and evil in her to be a truly great foe for our main characters.
The novel has been left on a frustratingly good cliff-hanger, and I really, really want to know what happens next, which I suppose is a sign of a good book!
Overall I really enjoyed this novel, it was an excellent sequel, which continued a story that I recommend that everyone checks out!

Buy the book on Amazon here
Buy the first book in the series here

No comments:

Post a Comment